PERFORMANCE WITH A PURPOSE
If you are one of those dancers that loves to DANCE WITH YOUR HEART, please join us!
Perform with a purpose was created for a number of reasons:
- To create extra opportunities for those who have a passion for dance
- To bring a meaningful message to the community thru the art of dance
- To educate the community about dance
- To raise money and awareness to a particular need for children in our community which will be Lakeland Star Academy this year
PERFORMANCE COMPANY I, II, III
Must be enrolled in a Dance I, II, III class
$100 Rehearsal Fee
Starting Saturday, January 4 9am-noon
Enroll by September 16, 2019
Fees will help to minimally offset instruction and choreography by in-house and guest
teachers, costume rental, backdrop, theater related costs, advertising etc.
Performance company is sponsored by Dana and Lowell Bostrom
Mandatory Dress Rehearsal: TBA, 2020
Please come in your 1st Costume with your hair up and ready to go.
PERFORMANCES: TBA, 2020
The PERFORMANCE COMPANY COMMITMENT
- Be a leader in my dance classes by following the student commitment form (click here to view), and helping other dance students in and outside of the classroom
- Attend my technique & rehearsal classes the week of any performance
- Attend dress rehearsal
- Give a 30-day written notice prior to the 1st performance if a performance needs to be missed
- To be as confident as possible heading into a performance
- For the benefit of the class and students also performing
- So that interactions/story/concept remains intact along with Partner Work
- When a student misses a performance/dress rehearsal it leaves a hole which takes time away from the other dancers to clean and polish their dance piece since we need to redo the choreography.
Scholarships Available. For more information contact us at email@example.com
Minocqua Dance gives our Performance Company students the opportunity to compete.
Competition is a 100% Optional, but we need payment and confirmation by September 30, 2019.
Competition:Symposium Talent Contest
Wausau, Grand Theater
Your child must compete in a group dance to compete in a solo, duo/trio.
We need a minimum of 4 dancers to compete a group dance.
Parents are responsible for any hotels costs, arranging transportation, competition fees, solo/duo/trio costumes and any additional private lessons costs for any additional dances (ie solo, duo/trio).
Please contact Ms. Sarah to register at firstname.lastname@example.org.